The Penn Muslim Alumni Network (PMAN) was founded in 2005 by a group of alumni who shared the desire to stay better connected with their peers and to continue to contribute to Muslim life at Penn. As this group has grown and evolved, so have its objectives and aspirations. Initially, some alumni teamed up to provide advice to the current MSA, while others explored fundraising and networking opportunities. Over time, alumni involvement greatly expanded, which lent new energy to a greater scope of pursuits. This has included building national and regional networks of alumni and partnering with Penn’s administration to raise funds and improve life for Muslims on campus. Throughout, PMAN has maintained a dedicated team of alumni who provide regular guidance to the current MSA on a variety of issues.
The members of the Penn Muslim Alumni Network (PMAN) are involved in a number of leadership committees. We invite you to take the time to learn more about each of the committees here, and get involved.
As one of the largest and most active student organizations on campus, the Penn MSA welcomes and encourages alumni to stay connected beyond their years on campus. Current students and alumni are partnering to strengthen and grow the Penn Muslim Alumni Network. Alumni outreach and fundraising initiatives, led by alum, are underway to provide Muslim alumni with opportunities to:
- Attend valuable networking opportunities with alumni, current students, and University administration
- Participate in the MSA’s religious, cultural, and social programs
- Mentor current members of the MSA
- Influence the MSA’s long-term footprint on the University
Currently, the Penn Muslim Alumni Network is comprised of over 300 individuals and our membership truly represents the diversity of the broader Penn alumni community.
- All 4 Undergraduate Schools Represented
- All Graduate Schools Represented
- Over 15 Classes Represented
- Over 10 Geographies Represented